We recently stumbled upon this great YouTube channel with over 400 videos on cleaning and organizing every part of your home!
There are some great ideas on how to keep your home clean in between maid visits.
Melissa also posts videos about DIY cleaning supplies as well as tips and tricks to help you save money.
Check it out!
Visit Clean My Space on YouTube for more!
Don't hang out in front of the TV all summer! Get out there and have some fun!
Monthly subscription boxes are all the rage right now! There are boxes for make-up, craft supplies, snacks, dog toys, almost anything you can imagine.
Well there's also a subscription box out there just for men!
Bespoke Post has many different options to fit your guy's style and your budget.
The different boxes range from food and bar accessories to style and grooming products.
You can purchase one box at a time or, if you are feeling especially generous, a whole year subscription!
Gift giving has never been easier! Visit www.bespokepost.com.
Check out this patriotic presentation idea for a Memorial Day Snack!
Memorial Day is this weekend. Take time to gather family and friends and remember those who have served our country. If you don't already have plans to go to the lake or camping, here are a couple fun things going on around town...
- LSA Burger will have live music from 7-10pm on both Friday and Saturday. Enjoy dinner and a drink on their beautiful rooftop patio!
- Denton Community Theater presents Reynard the Fox! May 26-28. Find tickets here!
- Visit the Denton Community Market on Saturday from 9am-1pm.
- Karma Yoga Denton is hosting a FREE yoga class on the Courthouse lawn at 9am on Saturday.
- Jazz Brunch at The Chestnut Tree (on the square) Saturday at 10am.
There will also be performances by tons of great local musicians
every night at these music venues around town:
- The Abbey Underground
- Dan's Silverleaf
- Backyard on Bell
- Harvest House
For even more events happening in the great city of Denton, visit Discover Denton online!
We all love our adorable fur-babies, but sometimes the thought of maintaining a spotless abode with them in the house seems impossible. While your home may never be completely fur free there are some steps you can take to help it feel clean and fresh!
1. GET THE RIGHT TOOLS
Especially if you have multiple pets.
There are many innovative products on the market right now specifically for pet owners.
Spending a little extra $$$ on a quality product designed for your particular needs will make any type of clean-up easier!
2. KEEP PETS CLEAN
Bathing your pooch is a must! Muddy feet can turn a living area into a disaster zone in seconds.
If you have a feline friend bath time may not be an option. Using a de-shedding tool can help remove dirt and dander too!
3. GIVE THEM A DESIGNATED BED OR AREA
If you don't want to spend money on an expensive, plushy, cheetah-print cushion, put down a folded blanket or towel for your pet.
Training them to relax in one specific area will reduce the amount of fur in the carpet or on furniture.
4. VACUUM OFTEN!
This is the most effective way of getting loose pet hair under control. If you have the means, invest in an automatic vacuum- it can be on the constant lookout for fur and cat litter that always seems to find it's way out of the box.
To freshen and deodorize sprinkle some baking soda on carpeted areas prior to vacuuming!
5. CLEAN THE PET DISHES
This one is easy to forget, but food dishes and water bowls should be washed as often as possible. Dishes can accumulate nasty build-up, especially if your pet eats wet food and standing water in bowls can make them slimy!
Every now and then make sure to wipe down the space around where the dishes are kept as well.
6. KEEP UP WITH THE LAUNDRY
This will help keep YOU looking less furry! Plus if you do a little laundry every day it will free up more time to machine wash non-clothing items such as pillow covers, throw blankets and curtains.
7. HAVE A SYSTEM IN PLACE FOR DEALING WITH "SURPRISES"
If you have a pet there's no doubt you've had a stressful, rushed morning where you are trying to get out the door and all the sudden you step in a wet, uh... "surprise" from Fluffy. To help avoid panic in these instances keep a caddy or basket filled specifically with pet or stain related cleaning supplies. Add a roll of paper towels and maybe even a pair of rubber gloves.
Having these items close together and easy to grab will make clean-up quicker.
There is a countless number of tips and tricks for living with pets. Even though it may seem like a lot of work,
maintaining a clean and healthy home is good for YOU and YOUR PET.
Chances are, they will give you lots of laughs and licks to make it all worth it!
YOUR MOVE OUT CLEAN
Limited Time Only!
For a LIMITED TIME ONLY, Maid in America is offering 20% off Move Out cleaning services!
Moving is stressful!
Leave the cleaning to us!
1. To clean the bottom of cup holders: Place a sock or rag over the end of a cup, spray with disinfectant and twist in the holder.
2. Use a toothbrush to remove dirt and grime from the seams of upholstery.
3. Use a flathead screwdriver and a rag to clean small crevices. Q-Tips work well too!
4. Glass cleaner will put a nice shine on plastic interior surfaces.
5 An inexpensive foam brush is good for dusting between AC vents.
6. Easily remove pet hair from upholstery using a squeegee and a spray bottle of water.
7. Spray dirty floor mats with stain remover and toss them in the washing machine.
8. Don't forget to wipe down the inside of all the windows!
You'll be thrilled at the difference having a clean car makes!
Thank you to everyone who voted in the Denton Record-Chronicle's Best of Denton contest!
This year Maid in America will be celebrating 22 years of serving the Denton community
and we are overwhelmed by the support of our loyal customers.
We take pride in delivering excellent customer service and
leaving your home sparkling and inviting after each visit.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help us be recognized as
Best Cleaning Service for the Home for the 7th year in a row!
Spring is in full swing and chances are your home could use a little freshening up!
These simple touch ups and additions can help your home feel light and breezy for the season.
Spring Stove Top Potpourri
Combine all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil then let simmer!
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 sliced lemons
bunch of mint
bunch of rosemary
3/4 pot of water
Toss some fun, bright accent pillows on the sofa and armchairs!
Do some light organization-
throw out old or expired beauty products and toiletries.
You don't want to turn out like this...
Pick up some fresh cut flowers at your local Farmer's Market.
Colorful arrangements look beautiful on kitchen islands and tables!
Since Easter is just around the corner,
we've compiled a few ideas for cute decorations and themed snacks!
Take a look!
Use plastic eggs for decorating!
Get creative with deviled eggs!
Use Peeps and jelly beans as filler!
Arrange a fruit platter in the shape of a bunny!
Let the egg hunting continue into the night!
Check out Pinterest for even more fun ideas!
Denton Community Market opening day is this Saturday, April 1st!
Over 100 vendors are set to be there this season with products ranging from local produce to hand-crafted jewelry and gifts!
There will also be live music and plenty of fun activities to keep the little ones entertained.
Follow the link to the Community Market event page for more info!
Here's a quick and easy snack idea for a festive Friday!
Don't forget to wear green!
St. Paddy's Day Popcorn
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn, light or regular butter (full sized, not snack)
- 1 cup green chocolate candy melts
- ½ cup white chocolate candy melts
- St. Patrick's Day sprinkles
- Green Mint M&Ms
- Pop the popcorn and remove the unpopped kernels.
- Place the candy melts in small bowls or glass measuring cups, one for each color.
- Microwave the green candy for 40 seconds then stir, repeat in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. (takes 1-2 minutes dependent on melt brand and your microwave).
- Drizzle the melted green chocolate candy over of the bowl of popcorn and toss to coat (use a silicone spatula to ensure you get it all out.) Toss the popcorn with your hands until nicely coated. Then spread out onto a large serving platter (or baking sheet, if you are going to bag the popcorn up after). Optional* Add some green sugar sprinkles at this point.
- Melt the white candy melts and drizzle over the platter of popcorn, immediately top generously with St. Patrick's themed candy sprinkles. They will adhere to the melted white chocolate candy.
- Finally, toss on the M&Ms. Allow the Leprechaun Popcorn to cool a few minutes before serving.